Wincing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• WincingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Wince
- (n.) The act of washing cloth, dipping it in dye, etc., with a wince.
• WinceDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The act of one who winces.
- (n.) A reel used in dyeing, steeping, or washing cloth; a winch. It is placed over the division wall between two wince pits so as to allow the cloth to descend into either compartment. at will.
- (v. i.) To shrink, as from a blow, or from pain; to flinch; to start back.
- (v. i.) To kick or flounce when unsteady, or impatient at a rider; as, a horse winces.