Winking Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• WinkingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Wink
• WinkDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To cause (the eyes) to wink.
- (n.) The act of closing, or closing and opening, the eyelids quickly; hence, the time necessary for such an act; a moment.
- (n.) A hint given by shutting the eye with a significant cast.
- (v. i.) To be dim and flicker; as, the light winks.
- (v. i.) To nod; to sleep; to nap.
- (v. i.) To give a hint by a motion of the eyelids, often those of one eye only.
- (v. i.) To close and open the eyelids quickly; to nictitate; to blink.
- (v. i.) To shut the eyes quickly; to close the eyelids with a quick motion.
- (v. i.) To avoid taking notice, as if by shutting the eyes; to connive at anything; to be tolerant; -- generally with at.
• WinkinglyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) In a winking manner; with the eye almost closed.