Winter Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• WinterDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To pass the winter; to hibernate; as, to winter in Florida.
- (n.) The season of the year in which the sun shines most obliquely upon any region; the coldest season of the year.
- (v. i.) To keep, feed or manage, during the winter; as, to winter young cattle on straw.
- (n.) The period of decay, old age, death, or the like.
• WinteredDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Winter
• WinterlyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Like winter; wintry; cold; hence, disagreeable, cheerless; as, winterly news.