Withers Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• WithersDefinition & Meaning in English
- (prep.) The ridge between the shoulder bones of a horse, at the base of the neck. See Illust. of Horse.
• WitherDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) To lose vigor or power; to languish; to pass away.
- (v. t.) To cause to shrink, wrinkle, or decay, for want of animal moisture.
- (v. t.) To cause to fade, and become dry.
- (n.) To fade; to lose freshness; to become sapless; to become sapless; to dry or shrivel up.
- (n.) To lose or want animal moisture; to waste; to pin/ away, as animal bodies.
- (v. t.) To cause to languish, perish, or pass away; to blight; as, a reputation withered by calumny.