Wrenching Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• WrenchingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Wrench
• WrenchDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) Trick; deceit; fraud; stratagem.
- (v. t.) The system made up of a force and a couple of forces in a plane perpendicular to that force. Any number of forces acting at any points upon a rigid body may be compounded so as to be equivalent to a wrench.
- (n.) To pull with a twist; to wrest, twist, or force by violence.
- (n.) To strain; to sprain; hence, to distort; to pervert.
- (v. t.) A violent twist, or a pull with twisting.
- (v. t.) A sprain; an injury by twisting, as in a joint.
- (v. t.) An instrument, often a simple bar or lever with jaws or an angular orifice either at the end or between the ends, for exerting a twisting strain, as in turning bolts, nuts, screw taps, etc.; a screw key. Many wrenches have adjustable jaws for grasping nuts, etc., of different sizes.
- (v. t.) Means; contrivance.