Wrestling Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• WrestlingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Act of one who wrestles; specif., the sport consisting of the hand-to-hand combat between two unarmed contestants who seek to throw each other.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Wrestle
• WrestleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To wrestle with; to seek to throw down as in wrestling.
- (v. t.) To contend, by grappling with, and striving to trip or throw down, an opponent; as, they wrestled skillfully.
- (v. t.) Hence, to struggle; to strive earnestly; to contend.
- (n.) A struggle between two persons to see which will throw the other down; a bout at wrestling; a wrestling match; a struggle.