Wronged Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• WrongedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Wrong
• WrongDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Not fit or suitable to an end or object; not appropriate for an intended use; not according to rule; unsuitable; improper; incorrect; as, to hold a book with the wrong end uppermost; to take the wrong way.
- (a.) Designed to be worn or placed inward; as, the wrong side of a garment or of a piece of cloth.
- (a.) Whatever deviates from moral rectitude; usually, an act that involves evil consequences, as one which inflicts injury on a person; any injury done to, or received from; another; a trespass; a violation of right.
- (adv.) In a wrong manner; not rightly; amiss; morally ill; erroneously; wrongly.
- (a.) Deviation or departure from truth or fact; state of falsity; error; as, to be in the wrong.
- (a.) Nonconformity or disobedience to lawful authority, divine or human; deviation from duty; -- the opposite of moral right.
- (v. t.) To treat with injustice; to deprive of some right, or to withhold some act of justice from; to do undeserved harm to; to deal unjustly with; to injure.
- (v. t.) To impute evil to unjustly; as, if you suppose me capable of a base act, you wrong me.
- (a.) That which is not right.
- (a.) Not according to the laws of good morals, whether divine or human; not suitable to the highest and best end; not morally right; deviating from rectitude or duty; not just or equitable; not true; not legal; as, a wrong practice; wrong ideas; wrong inclinations and desires.
- (a.) Not according to truth; not conforming to fact or intent; not right; mistaken; erroneous; as, a wrong statement.
- () imp. of Wring. Wrung.
- (a.) Twisted; wry; as, a wrong nose.