Wry Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• WryDefinition & Meaning in English
- (superl.) Wrested; perverted.
- (superl.) Hence, deviating from the right direction; misdirected; out of place; as, wry words.
- (v. t.) To cover.
- (v. i.) To deviate from the right way; to go away or astray; to turn side; to swerve.
- (v. i.) To twist; to writhe; to bend or wind.
- (superl.) Turned to one side; twisted; distorted; as, a wry mouth.
- (a.) To twist; to distort; to writhe; to wrest; to vex.
• WrynessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The quality or state of being wry, or distorted.
• WrythenDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. p.) Writhen.