Yellow Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• YellowDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Sensational; -- said of some newspapers, their makers, etc.; as, yellow journal, journalism, etc.
- (a.) Cowardly; hence, dishonorable; mean; contemptible; as, he has a yellow streak.
- (n.) A bright golden color, reflecting more light than any other except white; the color of that part of the spectrum which is between the orange and green.
- (v. t.) To make yellow; to cause to have a yellow tinge or color; to dye yellow.
- (v. i.) To become yellow or yellower.
- (superl.) Being of a bright saffronlike color; of the color of gold or brass; having the hue of that part of the rainbow, or of the solar spectrum, which is between the orange and the green.
- (n.) A yellow pigment.
• Yellow-eyedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Having yellow eyes.
• YellownessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Jealousy.
- (n.) The quality or state of being yellow; as, the yellowness of an orange.