• Abstemious Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Abstaining from wine.
- (a.) Sparing in diet; refraining from a free use of food and strong drinks; temperate; abstinent; sparing in the indulgence of the appetite or passions.
- (a.) Sparingly used; used with temperance or moderation; as, an abstemious diet.
- (a.) Marked by, or spent in, abstinence; as, an abstemious life.
- (a.) Promotive of abstemiousness.
• Abstemiousness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality of being abstemious, temperate, or sparing in the use of food and strong drinks. It expresses a greater degree of abstinence than temperance.