• Angling Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of one who angles; the art of fishing with rod and line.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Angle
• Angle Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The difference of direction of two lines. In the lines meet, the point of meeting is the vertex of the angle.
- (v. t.) To try to gain by some insinuating artifice; to allure.
- (v. i.) To fish with an angle (fishhook), or with hook and line.
- (n.) The inclosed space near the point where two lines meet; a corner; a nook.
- (v. i.) To use some bait or artifice; to intrigue; to scheme; as, to angle for praise.
- (n.) A projecting or sharp corner; an angular fragment.
- (n.) The figure made by. two lines which meet.
- (n.) A name given to four of the twelve astrological "houses."
- (n.) A fishhook; tackle for catching fish, consisting of a line, hook, and bait, with or without a rod.