• Apprentice Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who is bound by indentures or by legal agreement to serve a mechanic, or other person, for a certain time, with a view to learn the art, or trade, in which his master is bound to instruct him.
- (n.) One not well versed in a subject; a tyro.
- (n.) A barrister, considered a learner of law till of sixteen years standing, when he might be called to the rank of serjeant.
- (v. t.) To bind to, or put under the care of, a master, for the purpose of instruction in a trade or business.
• Apprenticeship Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The time an apprentice is serving (sometimes seven years, as from the age of fourteen to twenty-one).
- (n.) The service or condition of an apprentice; the state in which a person is gaining instruction in a trade or art, under legal agreement.