• Ascendant Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Alt. of Ascendent
- (n.) Ascent; height; elevation.
- (n.) An ancestor, or one who precedes in genealogy or degrees of kindred; a relative in the ascending line; a progenitor; -- opposed to descendant.
- (n.) The horoscope, or that degree of the ecliptic which rises above the horizon at the moment of ones birth; supposed to have a commanding influence on a persons life and fortune.
- (n.) Superiority, or commanding influence; ascendency; as, one man has the ascendant over another.