• Ash Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A genus of trees of the Olive family, having opposite pinnate leaves, many of the species furnishing valuable timber, as the European ash (Fraxinus excelsior) and the white ash (F. Americana).
- (n.) The tough, elastic wood of the ash tree.
- (v. t.) To strew or sprinkle with ashes.
- (n.) sing. of Ashes.
• Ashen Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the ash tree.
- (n.) obs. pl. for Ashes.
- (a.) Consisting of, or resembling, ashes; of a color between brown and gray, or white and gray.
• Ashlar Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Alt. of Ashler