• Assumed Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Supposed.
- (a.) Pretended; hypocritical; make-believe; as, an assumed character.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Assume
• Assume Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To be arrogant or pretentious; to claim more than is due.
- (v. t.) To take for granted, or without proof; to suppose as a fact; to suppose or take arbitrarily or tentatively.
- (v. t.) To take to or upon ones self; to take formally and demonstratively; sometimes, to appropriate or take unjustly.
- (v. t.) To pretend to possess; to take in appearance.
- (v. i.) To undertake, as by a promise.
- (v. t.) To receive or adopt.
• Assumedly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) By assumption.