• Bis Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) Twice; -- a word showing that something is, or is to be, repeated; as a passage of music, or an item in accounts.
• Bistort Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An herbaceous plant of the genus Polygonum, section Bistorta; snakeweed; adderwort. Its root is used in medicine as an astringent.
• Bistre Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A dark brown pigment extracted from the soot of wood.
- (n.) See Bister.
• Bisect Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To cut or divide into two parts.
- (v. t.) To divide into two equal parts.