• Blackballing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Blackball
• Blackball Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To blacken (leather, shoes, etc.) with blacking.
- (n.) A ball of black color, esp. one used as a negative in voting; -- in this sense usually two words.
- (n.) A composition for blacking shoes, boots, etc.; also, one for taking impressions of engraved work.
- (v. t.) To vote against, by putting a black ball into a ballot box; to reject or exclude, as by voting against with black balls; to ostracize.