• Blanket Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To take the wind out of the sails of (another vessel) by sailing to windward of her.
- (v. t.) To toss in a blanket by way of punishment.
- (a.) A streak or layer of blubber in whales.
- (a.) A piece of rubber, felt, or woolen cloth, used in the tympan to make it soft and elastic.
- (v. t.) To cover with a blanket.
- (a.) A heavy, loosely woven fabric, usually of wool, and having a nap, used in bed clothing; also, a similar fabric used as a robe; or any fabric used as a cover for a horse.
• Blanketing Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act or punishment of tossing in a blanket.
- (n.) Cloth for blankets.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Blanket