21 Words That We Have Learned After Coronavirus
In December 2019, Coronavirus emerged from China and eventually spread in all around the world. It not just caused deaths but several people also lost their jobs or faced losses in their businesses. The impact was also observed in the education sector as academic institutions enforced to bring change in their teaching methods.
Several new words and phrases also became popular after Coronavirus. Let’s have a look at few of them along with their meaning. Temporary laying-off of employees
1. Antibodies – Protein produced by immunity system.
2. Asymptomatic – Person with no symptoms of disease.
3. Clinical Trial – Research experiments on humans.
4. Covid-19 – Coronavirus Disease 2019.
5. Covidiot – Person who ignores precautions about Coronavirus.
6. Epidemic – Spread of disease within a certain area.
7. Furlough - Temporary laying-off of employees.
8. Immunity – Resistance against disease.
9. Lockdown – Imposition of travel and social restrictions.
10. Pandemic – Worldwide spread of disease.
11. Quaranteams – Online Teams created during lockdown.
12. Quarantine – Isolation to prevent the spread of disease.
13. Screening – Verification of symptoms.
14. Self-Isolation – Act of separating oneself from others.
15. Social Distancing – Keeping a distance of 6 feet from other people.
16. SOPs – Standard Operating Procedures.
17. Symptomatic - Person with symptoms of disease.
18. Vaccine – Substance that protects from disease.
19. Ventilator – Machine that assists in breathing.
20. WFH – Work from Home.
21. Zoom bombing – Hijacking a Zoom video call.