• Boasted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Boast
• Boast Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Act of boasting; vaunting or bragging.
- (v. t.) To dress, as a stone, with a broad chisel.
- (v. t.) To display in ostentatious language; to speak of with pride, vanity, or exultation, with a view to self-commendation; to extol.
- (v. i.) To speak in exulting language of another; to glory; to exult.
- (v. t.) To shape roughly as a preparation for the finer work to follow; to cut to the general form required.
- (n.) The cause of boasting; occasion of pride or exultation, -- sometimes of laudable pride or exultation.
- (v. t.) To possess or have; as, to boast a name.
- (v. t.) To display vaingloriously.
- (v. i.) To vaunt ones self; to brag; to say or tell things which are intended to give others a high opinion of ones self or of things belonging to ones self; as, to boast of ones exploits courage, descent, wealth.