• Bulla Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A leaden seal for a document; esp. the round leaden seal attached to the papal bulls, which has on one side a representation of St. Peter and St. Paul, and on the other the name of the pope who uses it.
- (n.) A genus of marine shells. See Bubble shell.
- (n.) A bleb; a vesicle, or an elevation of the cuticle, containing a transparent watery fluid.
- (n.) The ovoid prominence below the opening of the ear in the skulls of many animals; as, the tympanic or auditory bulla.
• Bullace Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The bully tree.
- (n.) A small European plum (Prunus communis, var. insitita). See Plum.
• Bullae Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Bulla