• Ceiling Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) The inner planking of a vessel.
- (v. t.) The lining or finishing of any wall or other surface, with plaster, thin boards, etc.; also, the work when done.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Ceil
- (v. t.) The inside lining of a room overhead; the under side of the floor above; the upper surface opposite to the floor.
• Ceil Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To line or finish a surface, as of a wall, with plaster, stucco, thin boards, or the like.
- (v. t.) To overlay or cover the inner side of the roof of; to furnish with a ceiling; as, to ceil a room.