• Checkers Definition & Synonyms
- (v.) A game, called also daughts, played on a checkerboard by two persons, each having twelve men (counters or checkers) which are moved diagonally. The game is ended when either of the players has lost all his men, or can not move them.
• Checker Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) A piece in the game of draughts or checkers.
- (v. t.) One who checks.
- (n.) To variegate or diversify with different qualities, colors, scenes, or events; esp., to subject to frequent alternations of prosperity and adversity.
- (v. t.) Checkerwork.
- (n.) To mark with small squares like a checkerboard, as by crossing stripes of different colors.
- (v. t.) A pattern in checks; a single check.