• Chou Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A cabbage.
- (n.) A bunch, knot, or rosette of ribbon or other material, used as an ornament in womens dress.
- (n.) A kind of light pastry, usually in the form of a small round cake, and with a filling, as of jelly or cream.
• Chough Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A bird of the Crow family (Fregilus graculus) of Europe. It is of a black color, with a long, slender, curved bill and red legs; -- also called chauk, chauk-daw, chocard, Cornish chough, red-legged crow. The name is also applied to several allied birds, as the Alpine chough.
• Chouan Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One of the royalist insurgents in western France (Brittany, etc.), during and after the French revolution.