• Conquering Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Conquer
• Conquer Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To gain the victory; to overcome; to prevail.
- (v. t.) To gain or obtain, overcoming obstacles in the way; to win; as, to conquer freedom; to conquer a peace.
- (v. t.) To subdue or overcome by mental or moral power; to surmount; as, to conquer difficulties, temptation, etc.
- (v. t.) To gain or acquire by force; to take possession of by violent means; to gain dominion over; to subdue by physical means; to reduce; to overcome by force of arms; to cause to yield; to vanquish.