• Copying Definition & Synonyms
- (a. & n.) From Copy, v.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Copy
• Copy Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An individual book, or a single set of books containing the works of an author; as, a copy of the Bible; a copy of the works of Addison.
- (n.) That which is to be imitated, transcribed, or reproduced; a pattern, model, or example; as, his virtues are an excellent copy for imitation.
- (n.) An abundance or plenty of anything.
- (v. i.) To yield a duplicate or transcript; as, the letter did not copy well.
- (n.) To imitate; to attempt to resemble, as in manners or course of life.
- (n.) Manuscript or printed matter to be set up in type; as, the printers are calling for more copy.
- (n.) A writing paper of a particular size. Same as Bastard. See under Paper.
- (v. i.) To make a copy or copies; to imitate.
- (n.) Copyhold; tenure; lease.
- (n.) An imitation, transcript, or reproduction of an original work; as, a copy of a letter, an engraving, a painting, or a statue.
- (n.) To make a copy or copies of; to write; print, engrave, or paint after an original; to duplicate; to reproduce; to transcribe; as, to copy a manuscript, inscription, design, painting, etc.; -- often with out, sometimes with off.