• Cruel Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Attended with cruetly; painful; harsh.
- (a.) Causing, or fitted to cause, pain, grief, or misery.
- (n.) See Crewel.
- (a.) Disposed to give pain to others; willing or pleased to hurt, torment, or afflict; destitute of sympathetic kindness and pity; savage; inhuman; hard-hearted; merciless.
• Cruels Definition & Synonyms
- (n. pl.) Glandular scrofulous swellings in the neck.
• Cruelty Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A cruel and barbarous deed; inhuman treatment; the act of willfully causing unnecessary pain.
- (n.) The attribute or quality of being cruel; a disposition to give unnecessary pain or suffering to others; inhumanity; barbarity.