• Cultured Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Under culture; cultivated.
- (a.) Characterized by mental and moral training; disciplined; refined; well-educated.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Culture
• Culture Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To cultivate; to educate.
- (n.) The act or practice of cultivating, or of preparing the earth for seed and raising crops by tillage; as, the culture of the soil.
- (n.) The act of, or any labor or means employed for, training, disciplining, or refining the moral and intellectual nature of man; as, the culture of the mind.
- (n.) The state of being cultivated; result of cultivation; physical improvement; enlightenment and discipline acquired by mental and moral training; civilization; refinement in manners and taste.
- (n.) The cultivation of bacteria or other organisms in artificial media or under artificial conditions.
- (n.) Those details of a map, collectively, which do not represent natural features of the area delineated, as names and the symbols for towns, roads, houses, bridges, meridians, and parallels.
- (n.) The collection of organisms resulting from such a cultivation.