• Cycloid Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One of the Cycloidei.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the Cycloidei.
- (n.) A curve generated by a point in the plane of a circle when the circle is rolled along a straight line, keeping always in the same plane.
• Cycloidal Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Pertaining to, or resembling, a cycloid; as, the cycloidal space is the space contained between a cycloid and its base.
• Cycloidei Definition & Synonyms
- (n. pl.) An order of fishes, formerly proposed by Agassiz, for those with thin, smooth scales, destitute of marginal spines, as the herring and salmon. The group is now regarded as artificial.