• Deluge Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Fig.: Anything which overwhelms, or causes great destruction.
- (v. t.) To overflow with water; to inundate; to overwhelm.
- (n.) A washing away; an overflowing of the land by water; an inundation; a flood; specifically, The Deluge, the great flood in the days of Noah (Gen. vii.).
- (v. t.) To overwhelm, as with a deluge; to cover; to overspread; to overpower; to submerge; to destroy; as, the northern nations deluged the Roman empire with their armies; the land is deluged with woe.
• Deluged Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Deluge