• Departing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Depart
• Depart Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To quit this world; to die.
- (v. i.) To part; to divide; to separate.
- (n.) A going away; departure; hence, death.
- (v. t.) To leave; to depart from.
- (v. t.) To divide in order to share; to apportion.
- (v. i.) To forsake; to abandon; to desist or deviate (from); not to adhere to; -- with from; as, we can not depart from our rules; to depart from a title or defense in legal pleading.
- (v. t.) To part thoroughly; to dispart; to divide; to separate.
- (v. i.) To pass away; to perish.
- (v. i.) To go forth or away; to quit, leave, or separate, as from a place or a person; to withdraw; -- opposed to arrive; -- often with from before the place, person, or thing left, and for or to before the destination.
- (n.) Division; separation, as of compound substances into their ingredients.