• Depended Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Depend
• Depend Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To rely for support; to be conditioned or contingent; to be connected with anything, as a cause of existence, or as a necessary condition; -- followed by on or upon, formerly by of.
- (v. i.) To hang down; to be sustained by being fastened or attached to something above.
- (v. i.) To impend.
- (v. i.) To hang in suspense; to be pending; to be undetermined or undecided; as, a cause depending in court.
- (v. i.) To serve; to attend; to act as a dependent or retainer.
- (v. i.) To trust; to rest with confidence; to rely; to confide; to be certain; -- with on or upon; as, we depend on the word or assurance of our friends; we depend on the mail at the usual hour.