• Director Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One of a body of persons appointed to manage the affairs of a company or corporation; as, the directors of a bank, insurance company, or railroad company.
- (n.) One who, or that which, directs; one who regulates, guides, or orders; a manager or superintendent.
- (n.) A slender grooved instrument upon which a knife is made to slide when it is wished to limit the extent of motion of the latter, or prevent its injuring the parts beneath.
- (n.) A part of a machine or instrument which directs its motion or action.
• Directorate Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The office of director; also, a body of directors taken jointly.