• Dished Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Dish
• Dish Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The state of being concave, or like a dish, or the degree of such concavity; as, the dish of a wheel.
- (n.) A vessel, as a platter, a plate, a bowl, used for serving up food at the table.
- (n.) The food served in a dish; hence, any particular kind of food; as, a cold dish; a warm dish; a delicious dish. "A dish fit for the gods."
- (v. t.) To make concave, or depress in the middle, like a dish; as, to dish a wheel by inclining the spokes.
- (n.) A hollow place, as in a field.
- (v. t.) To put in a dish, ready for the table.
- (n.) That portion of the produce of a mine which is paid to the land owner or proprietor.
- (v. t.) To frustrate; to beat; to ruin.
- (n.) A trough about 28 inches long, 4 deep, and 6 wide, in which ore is measured.