• Displacing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Displace
• Displace Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To change the place of; to remove from the usual or proper place; to put out of place; to place in another situation; as, the books in the library are all displaced.
- (v. t.) To dislodge; to drive away; to banish.
- (v. t.) To remove from a state, office, dignity, or employment; to discharge; to depose; as, to displace an officer of the revenue.
- (v. t.) To crowd out; to take the place of.