• Dissect Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To divide into separate parts; to cut in pieces; to separate and expose the parts of, as an animal or a plant, for examination and to show their structure and relations; to anatomize.
- (v. t.) To analyze, for the purposes of science or criticism; to divide and examine minutely.
• Dissection Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Anything dissected; especially, some part, or the whole, of an animal or plant dissected so as to exhibit the structure; an anatomical so prepared.
- (n.) Fig.: The act of separating or dividing for the purpose of critical examination.
- (n.) The act of dissecting an animal or plant; as, dissection of the human body was held sacrilege till the time of Francis I.
• Dissected Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Cut into several parts; divided into sections; as, a dissected map.
- (a.) Cut deeply into many lobes or divisions; as, a dissected leaf.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Dissect