• Dissenting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Dissent
• Dissent Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To differ in opinion; to be of unlike or contrary sentiment; to disagree; -- followed by from.
- (v. i.) To differ; to be of a contrary nature.
- (n.) Contrariety of nature; diversity in quality.
- (v. i.) To differ from an established church in regard to doctrines, rites, or government.
- (n.) Separation from an established church, especially that of England; nonconformity.
- (n.) The act of dissenting; difference of opinion; refusal to adopt something proposed; nonagreement, nonconcurrence, or disagreement.