• Doom Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To pronounce sentence or judgment on; to condemn; to consign by a decree or sentence; to sentence; as, a criminal doomed to chains or death.
- (v. t.) Discriminating opinion or judgment; discrimination; discernment; decision.
- (v. t.) That to which one is doomed or sentenced; destiny or fate, esp. unhappy destiny; penalty.
- (v. t.) To ordain as penalty; hence, to mulct or fine.
- (v. t.) To judge; to estimate or determine as a judge.
- (v. t.) To assess a tax upon, by estimate or at discretion.
- (v. t.) Judgment; judicial sentence; penal decree; condemnation.
- (v. t.) To destine; to fix irrevocably the destiny or fate of; to appoint, as by decree or by fate.
- (v. t.) Ruin; death.
• Doom palm Definition & Synonyms
- () A species of palm tree (Hyphaene Thebaica), highly valued for the fibrous pulp of its fruit, which has the flavor of gingerbread, and is largely eaten in Egypt and Abyssinia.
• Doomed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Doom