• Dummies Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Dummy
• Dummy Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The fourth or exposed hand when three persons play at a four-handed game of cards.
- (n.) A locomotive with condensing engines, and, hence, without the noise of escaping steam; also, a dummy car.
- (n.) One who plays a merely nominal part in any action; a sham character.
- (n.) A sham package in a shop, or one which does not contain what its exterior indicates.
- (n.) A floating barge connected with a pier.
- (a.) Silent; mute; noiseless; as a dummy engine.
- (n.) A thick-witted person; a dolt.
- (a.) Fictitious or sham; feigned; as, a dummy watch.
- (n.) An imitation or copy of something, to be used as a substitute; a model; a lay figure; as, a figure on which clothing is exhibited in shop windows; a blank paper copy used to show the size of the future book, etc.
- (n.) One who is dumb.