• Etch Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To produce, as figures or designs, on mental, glass, or the like, by means of lines or strokes eaten in or corroded by means of some strong acid.
- (v. t.) To sketch; to delineate.
- (v. i.) To practice etching; to make etchings.
- (v. t.) To subject to etching; to draw upon and bite with acid, as a plate of metal.
- (n.) A variant of Eddish.
• Etching Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) A design carried out by means of the above process; a pattern on metal, glass, etc., produced by etching.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Etch
- (v. t.) An impression on paper, parchment, or other material, taken in ink from an etched plate.
- (n.) The act, art, or practice of engraving by means of acid which eats away lines or surfaces left unprotected in metal, glass, or the like. See Etch, v. t.
• Etcher Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who etches.