• Expedition Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A sending forth or setting forth the execution of some object of consequence; progress.
- (n.) The quality of being expedite; efficient promptness; haste; dispatch; speed; quickness; as to carry the mail with expedition.
- (n.) An important enterprise, implying a change of place; especially, a warlike enterprise; a march or a voyage with martial intentions; an excursion by a body of persons for a valuable end; as, a military, naval, exploring, or scientific expedition; also, the body of persons making such excursion.
• Expeditionary Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to an expedition; as, an expeditionary force.
• Expeditionist Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who goes upon an expedition. [R].