• Foundered Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Founder
• Founder Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To fall; to stumble and go lame, as a horse.
- (n.) A lameness in the foot of a horse, occasioned by inflammation; closh.
- (v. i.) To fail; to miscarry.
- (n.) One who founds, establishes, and erects; one who lays a foundation; an author; one from whom anything originates; one who endows.
- (v. t.) To cause internal inflammation and soreness in the feet or limbs of (a horse), so as to disable or lame him.
- (v. i.) To become filled with water, and sink, as a ship.
- (n.) One who founds; one who casts metals in various forms; a caster; as, a founder of cannon, bells, hardware, or types.
- (n.) An inflammatory fever of the body, or acute rheumatism; as, chest founder. See Chest ffounder.