• Gap Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To notch, as a sword or knife.
- (n.) An opening in anything made by breaking or parting; as, a gap in a fence; an opening for a passage or entrance; an opening which implies a breach or defect; a vacant space or time; a hiatus; a mountain pass.
- (v. t.) To make an opening in; to breach.
- (n.) The vertical distance between two superposed surfaces, esp. in a biplane.
• Gaper Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A large edible clam (Schizothaerus Nuttalli), of the Pacific coast; -- called also gaper clam.
- (n.) A European fish. See 4th Comber.
- (n.) One who gapes.
- (n.) An East Indian bird of the genus Cymbirhynchus, related to the broadbills.
• Gap-toothed Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having interstices between the teeth.