• Gig Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A fiddle.
- (v. t.) To engender.
- (n.) A rotatory cylinder, covered with wire teeth or teasels, for teaseling woolen cloth.
- (n.) A long, light rowboat, generally clinkerbuilt, and designed to be fast; a boat appropriated to the use of the commanding officer; as, the captains gig.
- (n.) A light carriage, with one pair of wheels, drawn by one horse; a kind of chaise.
- (n.) A playful or wanton girl; a giglot.
- (n.) A kind of spear or harpoon. See Fishgig.
- (v. t.) To fish with a gig.
- (n.) A top or whirligig; any little thing that is whirled round in play.
• Gigot Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Alt. of Giggot
• Giganticide Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of killing, or one who kills, a giant.