Go Meaning in German
You have searched the English word go meaning in German Schwung. go meaning has been search 13734 (thirteen thousand seven hundred and thirty-four) times till 1/19/2022. You can also find go meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (v. i.) To have recourse; to resort; as, to go to law.
- (v. i.) To be passed on fron one to another; to pass; to circulate; hence, with for, to have currency; to be taken, accepted, or regarded.
- (v. i.) To proceed by a mental operation; to pass in mind or by an act of the memory or imagination; -- generally with over or through.
- (v. i.) To proceed or tend toward a result, consequence, or product; to tend; to conduce; to be an ingredient; to avail; to apply; to contribute; -- often with the infinitive; as, this goes to show.
- (v. i.) To pass from one place to another; to be in motion; to be in a state not motionless or at rest; to proceed; to advance; to make progress; -- used, in various applications, of the movement of both animate and inanimate beings, by whatever means, and also of the movements of the mind; also figuratively applied.
- (v. t.) To bet or wager; as, Ill go you a shilling.
- (n.) Act; working; operation.
- (v. i.) To pass away; to depart forever; to be lost or ruined; to perish; to decline; to decease; to die.
- (n.) The fashion or mode; as, quite the go.
- (p. p.) Gone.
- (n.) Power of going or doing; energy; vitality; perseverance; push; as, there is no go in him.
- (v. i.) To move from the person speaking, or from the point whence the action is contemplated; to pass away; to leave; to depart; -- in opposition to stay and come.
- (n.) Noisy merriment; as, a high go.
- (v. t.) To take, as a share in an enterprise; to undertake or become responsible for; to bear a part in.
- (v. i.) To reach; to extend; to lead; as, a line goes across the street; his land goes to the river; this road goes to New York.
- (v. i.) To be with young; to be pregnant; to gestate.
- (n.) That condition in the course of the game when a player can not lay down a card which will not carry the aggregate count above thirty-one.
- (n.) A circumstance or occurrence; an incident.
- (v. i.) To proceed or happen in a given manner; to fare; to move on or be carried on; to have course; to come to an issue or result; to succeed; to turn out.
- (v. i.) To apply ones self; to set ones self; to undertake.
- (n.) A glass of spirits.
- (v. i.) To move upon the feet, or step by step; to walk; also, to walk step by step, or leisurely.
- (n.) Something that goes or is successful; a success; as, he made a go of it; also, an agreement.
Multi Language Dictionary