• Groundnut Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The fruit of the Arachis hypogaea (native country uncertain); the peanut; the earthnut.
- (n.) The dwarf ginseng (Aralia trifolia).
- (n.) A European plant of the genus Bunium (B. flexuosum), having an edible root of a globular shape and sweet, aromatic taste; -- called also earthnut, earth chestnut, hawknut, and pignut.
- (n.) A leguminous, twining plant (Apios tuberosa), producing clusters of dark purple flowers and having a root tuberous and pleasant to the taste.