• Guinea Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A district on the west coast of Africa (formerly noted for its export of gold and slaves) after which the Guinea fowl, Guinea grass, Guinea peach, etc., are named.
- (n.) A gold coin of England current for twenty-one shillings sterling, or about five dollars, but not coined since the issue of sovereigns in 1817.
• Guinea-pig director Definition & Synonyms
- () A director (usually one holding a number of directorships) who serves merely or mainly for the fee (in England, often a guinea) paid for attendance.