• Husband Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The male head of a household; one who orders the economy of a family.
- (n.) One who manages or directs with prudence and economy; a frugal person; an economist.
- (v. t.) To direct and manage with frugality; to use or employ to good purpose and the best advantage; to spend, apply, or use, with economy.
- (v. t.) To cultivate, as land; to till.
- (v. t.) To furnish with a husband.
- (n.) A married man; a man who has a wife; -- the correlative to wife.
- (n.) The male of a pair of animals.
- (n.) A cultivator; a tiller; a husbandman.
• Husbandable Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Capable of being husbanded, or managed with economy.
• Husbandage Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The commission or compensation allowed to a ships husband.