• Hushing Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The process of washing ore, or of uncovering mineral veins, by a heavy discharge of water from a reservoir; flushing; -- also called booming.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Hush
• Hush Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To become or to keep still or quiet; to become silent; -- esp. used in the imperative, as an exclamation; be still; be silent or quiet; make no noise.
- (v. t.) To appease; to allay; to calm; to soothe.
- (a.) Silent; quiet.
- (v. t.) To still; to silence; to calm; to make quiet; to repress the noise or clamor of.
- (n.) Stillness; silence; quiet.