• Insular Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to an island; of the nature, or possessing the characteristics, of an island; as, an insular climate, fauna, etc.
- (n.) An islander.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the people of an island; narrow; circumscribed; illiberal; contracted; as, insular habits, opinions, or prejudices.
• Insularity Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Narrowness or illiberality of opinion; prejudice; exclusiveness; as, the insularity of the Chinese or of the aristocracy.
- (n.) The state or quality of being an island or consisting of islands; insulation.